Ginger and Lemon Tea: Benefits, Preparation and Side Effects!
Many people drink ginger and lemon tea every morning to cool off. But did you know that this tea does more than just rejuvenate you? Not only is it super easy to prepare, but it also gives you a variety of health benefits, such as curing nausea, headache and the common cold. In this article, we have listed some amazing ways that drinking ginger and lemon tea can benefit you. Keep reading.
What are the Benefits of Lemon Ginger Tea for Your Health?
You can be creative and add other healthy ingredients like mint, honey and cinnamon to this tea to increase your nutritional ratio. But only the lemon and ginger combo is enough to benefit you in multiple ways as mentioned below.
Ginger and Lemon Tea is Really Beneficial for General Health Care
1. Treat Nausea and Vomiting:
Nausea and vomiting are common symptoms that are experienced due to dizziness, pregnancy, chemotherapy or as a side effect of a treatment. Given this, it may be normal for ginger and lemon tea to work quite effectively to mitigate some symptoms and provide some instantaneous effects on certain pathologies. Most studies have shown that ginger is one of the most recognized agents for treating bowel related problems, as well as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion and abdominal pain.
2. Maintain a Healthier Weight:
You are one of those people who constantly look for magical and effective recipes to lose weight and recover the figure. How? When consuming ginger and lemon tea! Surely you can get it. Ginger is reported to increase satiety and reduce feelings of hunger, and it is known that lemon increases insulin resistance and reduces the level of fat in the body. Ginger and lemon together make a powerful combination that increases your metabolism and burns more calories.
3. Increase Immunity:
Lemon is rich in vitamin C, a nutrient that is full of antioxidants and has immune stimulation properties. If you tend to get infections easily or get sick as soon as the weather changes, you should start drinking this tea to improve your immunity. Lemon and ginger are excellent for fighting infections, shortening the duration of a cold, cough, the flu and protecting your body from infections such as salmonella.
4. Promote Cognitive Functioning:
Do you want to acquire more intelligence? Have ginger Or just drink ginger and lemon tea. This spice is recognized by various specialists for its anti-inflammatory composition and for its antioxidant properties. In one study, it was found that ginger improves the memory of middle-aged women and increases their cognitive function. The consumption of lemon and ginger tea every morning will have significant benefits for the general health of the brain and will reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Improves Heart Health:
A simple tea consumed every day may be enough to protect your heart from disease.
“Lemon is rich in vitamin C, which is known to promote adequate blood flow through the arteries and veins and prevent the formation of blood clots”.
This significantly reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes. It is known that ginger improves blood circulation and has anti-inflammatory, antiplatelet, hypotensive and hypolipidemic effects that help prevent cardiovascular disease.
6. Alkalize your Body:
We all know that lemon is acidic in nature, but did you know that it is highly alkaline in nature once it enters the body? It is true! When lemon juice is added to a cup of hot tea, it is metabolized and begins to alkalize the body. This helps keep teeth and gums healthy, lower levels of bad cholesterol and fat in the body and reduce cravings for sweet foods.
7. It is Useful in the Treatment of Ovarian Cysts:
If you are suffering from PCOS and want to adopt a natural method to reduce your ovarian cysts, ginger and lemon tea is exactly what you need. Both lemon and ginger have healing and anti-inflammatory properties that help improve / reduce ovarian cysts. Not much research has been done to prove this claim, but this herbal treatment has received many positive testimonies from people around the world.
8. Improves Mood and Concentration:
In addition to improving cognitive function and increasing concentration, drinking lemon and ginger tea also improves your mood and regulates mood swings. It is for this reason that lemon is commonly used in aromatherapy. It is also known that ginger reduces stress in the body.
9. Helps Improve Liver Function:
The combination of ginger and lemon is extremely effective in improving liver function and promoting overall liver health. Studies have reported that prolonged use of ginger and lemon individually is beneficial for treating liver disease, whether it is alcohol related or not.
10. Relieves Pain, Menstrual Cramps, Headache and Inflammation:
Due to the anti-inflammatory effects of ginger and lemon, this tea helps reduce different types of pain, be it related to migraines, menstrual cramps or recovery from illness or surgery. Drinking this ginger and lemon tea regularly greatly improves how you feel each day.
Is There any Benefit to the Skin?
Sure there are! Ginger and lemon tea can give your skin a beautiful shine and make it look smooth and flawless.
11. Makes Your Skin Smooth and Flawless:
The powerful combination of lemon and ginger is not only exceptionally effective in treating any health disorder, but also serves to provide you with beautiful and perfect skin. Ginger and lemon tea has a lot of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that improve the overall health of the skin. The presence of ginger also imparts antibacterial properties to tea, which fights skin infections, and thus clears the skin.
And What About the Hair Benefits?
Beautiful hair goes with beautiful skin, and that is what you will get if you drink this tea regularly. Ginger and lemon tea nourishes your scalp and promotes hair growth.
12. Promotes Hair Growth:
Drinking this tea regularly ensures a healthy supply of vitamins and minerals in the scalp, which makes your hair stronger and brighter. Ginger and lemon tea helps reduce hair loss. It also helps get rid of problems related to the scalp such as dandruff and itching. Are you wondering how to start with this mix? Here is the answer to the most important question…
How to Prepare Ginger and Lemon Tea?
- This is an excellent recipe for a homemade ginger and lemon tea that can be used to make a hot or cold tea, whenever you want.
- It is very easy to make and delicious to drink.
- 2 slices of lemon
- ½ cup ginger (sliced)
- ½ cup raw honey
- In a glass jar, mix all the ingredients.
- Let them soak for a few hours. You can also leave the jar in the fridge overnight.
- Lemon and ginger juices combine with honey to give a thick syrup.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of this syrup to a cup of hot water to make a healthy and delicious tea.
If you don’t want to make a syrup, you can also prepare fresh ginger and lemon tea by adding lemon juice and a piece of ginger to boiling water and simmering for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Any Advice to Get the Best Results from this Tea?
- Start your day by consuming a good cup of hot tea on an empty stomach.
- If you are drinking this to help lose weight, drink 2 cups of this (morning and afternoon), about 30 minutes before your meals.
- If you want to get the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger and lemon tea, it is recommended to add a pinch of turmeric powder to the infusion.
- You can add apple cider vinegar to this tea to make it healthier.
Sometimes, exaggerating something can cause more harm than good. Here are some side effects of taking too much ginger and lemon tea.
What are the Main Side Effects of Ginger and Lemon Tea?
There are not many side effects from drinking this tea, but you may want to consider some points:
- A possible side effect of drinking this tea is mild heartburn or upset stomach.
- It is not very common, but few people may have an allergy to ginger or lemon. In this case, they may experience a skin rash or an upset stomach.
So now that we know everything about healthy ginger and lemon tea, let’s finish this article by going up to the end.
- Whether you want to drink this ginger and lemon tea to lose weight or fight infections, ginger and lemon tea will do your cause full justice.
- Nothing will rejuvenate you better in the morning than a cup of hot lemon and ginger tea. And what is even more exciting is that you can make this tea as you like.
- Add some cinnamon to increase the flavor, or add honey if you like it sweet, but try this. Once you do, you will be hooked for life. Take our word for it!