This type of diet will help us control our anxiety about food, making us lose weight in a healthy way. Recently, a new type of diet has been announced whose objective is to prevent (or help fight, as the case may be) depression and anxiety. Yes, the serotonin diet exists. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that has a determining influence on our mood and our appetite.
“Therefore, having low serotonin levels can lead to depression and anxiety”.
It is very common that, during the day, we are able to maintain a healthy diet, or follow a diet that we have marked with the intention of losing weight. However, when the afternoon falls, it is usual to feel an unstoppable desire to eat sweet products, and that it will be very difficult not to fall into temptation. This is due to a drop in serotonin levels.
Serotonin Diet: Food
, there are no foods rich in serotonin, or that contain serotonin. However, the amino acid tryptophan is the precursor of the neurotransmitter. Therefore, consuming foods rich in tryptophan, the production of serotonin is guaranteed. In addition to consuming foods rich in tryptophan, it is necessary that your diet contains vitamins C, B1, B6, B9 and B12, calcium and zinc to promote the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin. It is also necessary that your diet is rich in products such as whole grains, sardines in oil, nuts, seeds, vegetables and seasonal vegetables.
In addition, the synthesis of serotonin is activated in the presence of oxygen, so that physical activity activates its production and stimulates endorphins, which are natural relaxants that also generate well-being.
Examples of Food
Some of the foods that can contribute to a greater production of serotonin are the following:
- Blue Fish: Blue fish provides tryptophan, zinc and omega-3 fatty acids that favor the conversion of serotonin-rich foods.
- Meat: We must give priority to lean meats, such as chicken, turkey or rabbit, for their contribution of tryptophan and group B vitamins.
- Eggs Within this food, the yolk is especially rich in tryptophan and in vitamins of group B.
- Dairy product: Dairy products provide tryptophan, calcium and magnesium.
- Vegetables: Some such as soybeans, beans and lentils are the legumes that provide more tryptophan.
- Whole grains the presence of carbohydrates favors the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin. In addition, they are a good source of B vitamins.
- Nuts and seeds: Pistachios and almonds provide large amounts of tryptophan. In addition, nuts are rich in magnesium. On the other hand, seeds such as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or pine nuts also provide zinc
- Seasonal fruits: They provide vitamins, calcium and magnesium. In particular, pineapple and banana are the most tryptophan.
- Vegetables of the season: These products provide magnesium, vitamins and carbohydrates with a favorable glycemic load.
- Dark chocolate: Always consumed in moderation, chocolate is a pleasant way to raise the level of tryptophan and magnesium.
How to Increase Serotonin Levels Naturally?
To contribute to the serotonin diet, we can perform some practices that increase the levels of this element naturally. By way of example, abdominal or diaphragmatic breathing alone has the capacity to produce changes in the brain, since it favors the secretion of hormones such as serotonin and endorphins. In addition, it improves the tuning of rhythms between the two cerebral hemispheres. On the other hand, we can do high intensity exercise for at least 15 minutes a day, which will increase our serotonin levels. We can also practice relaxation exercises, such as yoga, which favors the aforementioned abdominal breathing. Going outdoors and sunbathing will also help increase serotonin levels. The sun is key for our body to secrete serotonin. Therefore, in winter, try not to wear sunglasses so that your eyes absorb more sunlight and try to get the sun every day. Everything together makes us take a diet of high serotonin.
Finally, try to sleep for at least eight hours. Try to relax to have a good night’s sleep, as this makes the levels of serotonin and melatonin stay at adequate levels. When we do not sleep properly, the levels of these hormones are altered and also increases our appetite considerably.
serotonin foods, how to increase serotonin, serotonin function, serotonin pills, foods that decrease serotonin levels, serotonin deficiency, instant serotonin boost, serotonin vitamins, mytodayhealthtips.com, mytodayhealthtips, my today health tips
#serotoninfoods #howtoincreaseserotonin #serotoninfunction #serotoninpills #foodsthatdecreaseserotoninlevels #serotonindeficiency #instantserotoninboost #serotoninvitamins #mytodayhealthtipscom #mytodayhealthtips
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1